Last Updated: November 15, 2012
The website GCAN.COM (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Fuel Transfer Technologies Inc. (“FTT”). FTT is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors while they interact with the content, products and services on the Website.
Because FTT gathers certain types of information about its users, it is important that users understand what information is collected about them, how it is collected, how that information is used, and how users can control FTT’s disclosure of that information.
1) Information Collected
FTT collects two types of information from its users: i) information that users voluntarily provide to FTT (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or e-mails); and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
- Voluntary Registration Information.
- In order to fully access the Website, users must first complete the registration process, during which FTT will collect personal information about the user. The information may include the user’s name, telephone number, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, payment information, e-mail notification preferences, site username, and password. FTT does not collect personally identifiable information about the user except when the user specifically provides such information to FTT on a voluntary basis.
- Voluntary Information for Services and Features
- FTT also collects personally identifiable information when the user chooses to use certain other features of the Website, including: i) making inquiries, ii) consenting to receive e-mail or text messages about upcoming promotions or events, iii) consenting to receive e-mail, iv) commenting on articles, and others. When the user chooses to use these additional features, FTT may require the user to provide “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction such as a phone number, and billing and shipping addresses. Occasionally, FTT may also request information such as the user’s site preferences and demographics, which will help FTT better serve the user and its others users in the future.
- The Website may use "cookies" and other tracking technologies. Cookies enable FTT to serve secure pages to its users without asking them to sign in repeatedly. Most browsers allow the user to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. If a user’s system is idle for a defined time, the cookie will expire, forcing the user to sign in again to continue his/her session. This prevents unauthorised access to the user’s information while he/she is away from his/her computer.
- The user may set most browsers to notify the user if a cookie is received, or the user may choose to block cookies with his/her browser, but please note that if the user chooses to erase or block cookies, the user may need to re-enter his/her original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Website.
- Third-Party Cookies: In the course of serving advertisements to this Website, FTT’s third-party advertisers, affiliates, or software services may place or recognise a unique "cookie" on the user’s browser.
The user may choose to invite friends (“referral(s)”) to visit the Website by sending invitation e-mails (“invitations”) via a feature of the Website or via a personalized link provided to the user by FTT. FTT stores the referrals’ e-mail addresses provided by the user so that the referrals’ e-mail addresses may be added to the user’s social network as the user’s referrals, to confirm orders/purchases, and to send reminders of the invitations. FTT will not use the referrals’ e-mail addresses to send any communications other than invitations and invitation reminders, unless agreed to by the referrals.
3) How FTT Uses Website User Information
FTT only uses the personal information of its users for the original purposes it was given. A user’s personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the user’s approval at the time of collection.
FTT will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to its suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of FTT unless required to do so by law. Further, FTT reserves the right to contact its users regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide the user with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help FTT identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to its users. FTT uses personally identifiable information to support and enhance the user’s use of the Website and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling the user’s order; providing customer service; tracking e-mail invitations that users send; and otherwise supporting the use of the Website.
FTT may use the user’s personal information for target advertising toward the user, including personal information such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, and other information of the same nature.
FTT may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyse data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, the user’s IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand Website usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Website and certain features on the Website. FTT may use third parties to host the Website; operate various features available on the Website; send e-mails; analyze data; provide search results and links; and assist in fulfilling customer orders.
Also, FTT may share personally identifiable or other information with its parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates.
FTT may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of FTT’s business or as part of a corporate reorganisation, stock sale or other change in control.
FTT IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS SUCH AS A BLOG OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITE.
FTT uses non-identifying and aggregate information to better design its Website and for business and administrative purposes. FTT may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
4) How FTT Protects User Information
FTT is committed to protecting the information it receives from users. FTT takes appropriate security measures to protect user information against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, FTT maintains appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on its system. While no computer system is completely secure, FTT believes the measures it has implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
5) Accessing and Updating Personal Information and Preferences
FTT may provide mechanisms for updating and correcting the user’s personal information, in which case the user may modify or remove any of their personal information by logging into their account.
6) E-mail Choice/Opt-out
If the user no longer wishes to receive updates or notifications, the user may opt-out of receiving these communications by selecting the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link in the footer of FTT’s e-mail communications.
7) Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
FTT does not solicit any personal information from children. If the user is not 18 or older, the user is not authorised to use the Website. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
8) Disclaimer to Security
9) Notification of Changes
10) CONTACT INFORMATION